Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Casey's Pizza Sauce

This is another recipe I started in high school and finally feel like I perfected it.  Like my lasagna sauce recipe, you do not need to simmer this for 3 years over the stove top. Make it in advance and pop it in the fridge overnight.  This recipe makes probably 4 pizzas worth. I freeze the sauce and thaw out a couple nights before I plan on making pizzas 2, 3 and 4. Unfortunately I do not yet have a picture of the sauce by itself but plenty of finished pizzas! 



Ingredients:
  • 1 t salt
  • 1 t sugar 
  • 2 t oregano 
  • 2 t basil 
  • 2 t garlic powder 
  • 1/2 t black pepper
  • 1 t lemon juice 
  • 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce 
  • 2 (6 oz) cans tomato paste 

Combine all ingredients in a medium sized bowl. Taste to make sure there's enough garlic and spice. Cover and refrigerate overnight. After you make your first pizza, freeze remaining sauce until you want to make more pizzas with it :) we will usually heat sauce in microwave for 30 seconds before topping pizza dough. Just because. And enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment